Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chapter 15

Once more the cloth covering my face is yanked off, as for we were changing locations once more. My eyes are faced with a brightness that made my eyes water, as I cover them.

"Stop moving." Ashton demanded as he kicked the truck door closed, before leaning over to let me down from being held. He quickly pulled me behind the truck and turned me to face him.

"If karma ever comes back around to me for all of this, please don't take my actions personal,"
Not really focusing on what he was speaking of, my attention turns to the surroundings. There is a hospital behind him,  there is bound to be some kind of law enforcement there. A smirk washes over my face, as I move to take action.

"Allow me to say the same." I state dryly as I knee his nether regions and flee. The pavement burns the soles of my feet as I run, reaching the door of the building. I quickly enter and run to the receptionist desk.

The woman sitting behind the desk is startled as I start yelling.

"Please help me! I've been kidnapped, Those doors need to be locked!" My eyes rest on Ashton as he pulls the doors open. My heart sinks as I turn to the closest hall and run, before somebody catching me. In my state of panic I scream, as I look up to see its a doctor.

"Ma'm, Are you alright? What's the meaning of this?"

"Please, he's after me!" I scream as I struggle to get him to release me.

Ashton rounds the corner smiling, locking eyes with the doctor. He locks his arms around me and pulls me to Ashton, allowing him to get a hold on me once more.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? He kidnapped me!" I yell trying to break free once more. Studying his face, he smiles. Reaching into his pocket he pulls a syringe out, and bites the cap off.
"Nothing is wrong with me, you just got somebody on the wrong team." He laughed as he stabbed the needle into my neck allowing the contents to travel through me.

Instant numbness washes over me as my vision goes black.

"Karen, you know nothing. This woman is nobody." The last words I heard warped in my head.

Opening my eyes, I'm greeted with what looks like a hospital room at the rehabilitation clinic.

This is all a dream.

Maybe?

Leaning up I'm immediately stopped. My eyes wander to the source. I'm strapped down to the hospital bed, I resume to studying my surroundings. My blurry vision was no help, but I was wrong. This isn't the clinic, it's somewhere else. A figure enters my range of view, I can't exactly make out who it is.

"What's going on?" I whisper.

The man turns and approaches. It's the same doctor from before, he motions his hands up as if he were calling someone into the room. He pulls out another syringe and pumps it into my neck. Another man enters the room and comes and sits on the side of my bed, the scent of cinnamon fills the air, and soon enough my lungs as I inhale. The numb feeling returns as my lids grow heavy, I feel his cold hands caress my cheek.

"I'll give you the life you would dream of, and we can be together." The words echoed as I fall out of consciousness once more.

"My child," The voice rang.

"You must not lose yourself. Keep hold of who you are as a person." My eyes opened to the source, to reveal an unfamiliar face highlighted in white.

"What do you mean?" Questioning the woman.


"Do not forget who you are, and where you came from. How you've grown in your short life, and the people you have met."

"I don't understand,"

"You do not have the time to understand, but you will soon." Her melody of a voice rang through my ears like and alarm, repeating over and over again. Reaching her hand out, she places it on my chest and pushes slightly.

Watching her hand disappear into me, a sudden sharp pain rolls through my body originating from my heart.

"Do not forget. Death has a recurring smell of a spice."

"What the hell d-" She squeezes he hand in my chest and my words are taken from me. The vision disperses as everything goes black, allowing a familiar feeling of numbness wash over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment