Sunday, September 6, 2015

Chapter 6

In the long-run I did end up riding with him to Hidden Springs, needless to say that coffee obviously went well. I explained the whole story about me, and heroin. There is too much of it honestly, makes me realize how not-boring I am. His father is the founder of Lucas Investments and he is their eldest son who will most likely take over the business in the future, once his father retires. He is in college for business, and works part time at the comic book store (He is also very proud of his management position there, considering he has his name printed on a card. Idiot). He has a sister named Hayleigh who is 15, and a brother named Nathan who is 9. I wonder how he ended up with the most unique name, probably since they knew they wanted to pass the company onto him. Not saying that Nathan and Hayleigh are basic names, just you don't hear Lucian every day. He lived in Bridgeport up until he was 8, and moved here when his sister was born. He went to a private school for boys, and graduated (obviously). We just went over basics of knowing somebody, though I am only 30% sure that he won't murder me. He is 23 right now and has a few more years in college.

The drive to Hidden Springs was a good 6 hours, 4 of them I spent crashed out on a high. Trying to manage myself before going to rehab has been a shitty challenge. I can never reach my peak since I have to remain stable around people, but not go into withdrawals. It feels like trying to catch a butterfly when you are a child, you try with all your might to catch it but you never do, once you get too close the butterfly takes off again and gets further away. It's made me so fucking irritated, but it made it easier to sleep on that trip. The first place we went to in town was an apartment that Lucian reserved just for the trip down here in case stuff doesn't go well with my parents, which I offered to help pay for until it was revealed that his parents owned it.

Now here I am, at my parents front door standing in the rain, knocking. I'm getting my shoes ready to dance with the devil, the devil being the truth I have to reveal to them. Though I could just not tell them and go through with the procedure, but if something happens and they find all this stuff out it would ruin my family's reputation. Plus possibly wound them so deeply that they would act like they never even had me. Lucian stands behind me, holding an umbrella, in the earthy,humid air.

The door swings open revealing my father, with a little more gray in his hair than I could remember. I'm kinda awestruck with the memories of when I was younger and he was actually there for me, nostalgia kicks in and makes me tear up. His reaction is an easy smile as he motions for us to come inside. He get's the umbrella from Lucian and puts it in the bin by the archway that leads to the rest of the home. He turns back around and looks me up and down and reaches for me, I of course go over and hug him.

Fear pits in my stomach as reality sets in for what this visit has in store. My tears continue as we hug but I don't wipe them, the air is as thin as a sheet of paper now. Dad releases me from the hug but grabs my arms and looks at them. Examining my tattoos, his expression is blank.

"The images are beautiful, but I don't understand what made you want to hide yourself in this way." he says letting my arms slip through his fingers and fall. His gaze turns to Lucian and then back to me.

"He is a friend who made the trip back here with me."

Dad stared at him, slightly puzzled."You look very familiar." He stated.

Lucian cleared his throat before speaking, "Neah informed me that you used to work with my father. Andrew Lucas, I'm his eldest son. Lucian Lucas."

Dad's face lit up when he realized that's who he was. He turned in the other direction and called for my mom before going over and making smalltalk with Lucian.

Mom entered the room with Cyprian following behind her, he immediately frowned while she greeted me with a tight hug. Her focus turned to my arms, her reaction was as expected.

"Oh darling, why did you do this? It's going to cost a fortune to get all of this removed, and to think what it will do to your skin." Ah, there it was. It begins, the little comments that piss me off. I pulled away and stepped back before replying.

"I'm not getting them removed, I will explain why I got them later." I stated dryly making sure I stare at her with a bored expression. Cyprian stepped up and tried to push me, but failing as I am much stronger. Feeling my high slipping off and away my annoyance grows more evident. My mother doesn't respond to him, but continues to ask me a series of ,in my opinion, idiotic questions. Included with this was Cyprian muttering insults towards me under his breath. This carried on for about 10 minutes before my father turned around and told him to go to his room. He did as he was told and left the room, my dad left Lucian and moved in front of me by mom.

"Shall we get this show on the road, I'm anxious to hear what's so important." Dad asked. He and mom headed to the living room to wait for me. Turning to Lucian, I motioned him to follow me. We headed into what used to be my room. It's just as it was when I left, only smelling of moth balls now.

"I'd suggest you sit in here, you can mess with whatever you want. I have no idea how long this whole thing will take. If you hear a man screaming, it means that we need to leave immediately. Okay?" I stated before I exited the room, he answered me with a nod. Once again the air grew thick as I exited my room and went into the living room. They had a chair sitting on the other side of the coffee table facing them, which meant that's where I sit. They sit together on the couch, my mother sitting more relaxed behind him with her hands in her lap, and my father with his hands together watching me, and waiting patiently. Sitting down in the chair I cross my legs and pick my brain for how I want to begin this.

The silence lingers before I break it with my words of truth. "Alright. A long time ago I screwed up. How you may ask, well I'm here to come clean about everything. As you guys knew I was less than excited about Cyprian. I felt like I didn't matter anymore. From the beginning of my teenage years I'd hurt myself on purpose, up until about 15. In high-school when I met Alix, I learned that he sold drugs. At the time I felt like he was the only one who cared about me, and I trusted him. I started doing heroin and dabbling in others every now and then. It became very evident that you guys cared for Cyprian more, so I went on for caring for myself in the wrong way and depending on somebody who would rape me on a regular basis after he got me higher than the clouds. It has come to my attention that now that my trust in him is shattered, I have no desire to be indulged in something that has been an invisible shoulder to lean on. I came here to tell you that I'm going to go to rehab, and that the procedure that will be performed can go wrong. Instead of me going behind your backs and not telling you, and then something happen to me." Sitting back I watched the damage hit the with every word. By this time my mother was bawling her eyes out, and my dad looked furious.

"You'd rather tell us now, after all that time you went behind our backs? God. I knew you weren't that smart, but this happens to be something that only a fucking idiot would do!" He shouted. His face grew more red before her let out another wave of anger.

"I think you need to get the fuck out of my house." He screamed at me. Tears began flowing as I stood up and got close to him. Before I knew it he had slapped me across the face, knocking me to the ground. "You are the biggest disappointment I have ever encountered in my lifetime, I want you to leave right now." He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, and pulled me to the entrance room before letting me go causing me to fall again.

"You have caused an ultimate shame to the family name to a point where we should disown you!" He got close and yelled at me. My chest was constricted as I cried out sobs. Lucian came out as he continued to yell at me, he rushed to pick me up and get me away. My mother came into the room and ran to dad, crying into his chest.

"Don't do this to her! Take back what you said Pierce." My mom cried. Lucian was trying to pull me out the door when Cyprian came downstairs and stood by my parents.

My father looked at Lucian, and ordered him to leave with me. I resisted more as I screamed, "I didn't mean for this to happen!"

Lucian gave me a good pull before picking me up and racing out the door back into the rain.

"Please! Lucian, put me down!" I cried as he was trying to put me into the car. He wasn't listening, pushing me down into the seat and locked the door as I continued to scream. He got in on the other side and started the car. The drive back to the apartment was short and filled with sobs. For the longest time we sat in the car, he listened to me cry. Once I finally calmed down, we went up to the apartment. Sitting in the bedroom on the edge of the bed, I cried more. Every so often he'd come stand in the doorway and check on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment