Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Chapter 7

The day had come where I ran out of my poison, that day marked when I had to go to rehab. It had been a few days since I was nearly disowned by my father, no contact from my family only because I asked Lucian to keep my phone and not give it to me. If anything I'd rather deal with them after this is over, I don't want them seeing or hearing from me again before I actually go through and do this. Hopefully after this I can get back on a road of not being miserable. It's been a very long time since I have been, apart from when I'm high, though that doesn't count.

These past days have consisted of crying,heroin,and silence. I'm waited for the moment to come when Lucian would snap on me too, but he never did. He had told me that what I did was okay and that he couldn't ever be in a position to judge me on what I'm doing and what all happened to me. Him saying that gave me some ease, but I worry that he could snap on me. Those days he watched over me and made sure I was okay, he hasn't left the apartment even once.

The rehab facility was beautiful and gave out a calming vibe with the more modern features. That's most likely what most of these places aim for, this is the first one I have been to, so I could be wrong.

Checking in went smoothly, since I called informing them I would come soon, and the treatment I required. The first hour here I was tested for all sorts of things, but the most important one was to see how much heroin I still had in my bloodstream. Lucian has been sitting at the other side of the room just watching what's happening and chatting with me. The Doctor recommended that I stay in the hospital wing for a few days just to monitor me, since this is the first heroin case they have done. Most of the time people get it done for pill popping here. Lucian told me he'd stay here if he can, since his parents will find out soon that he's here, he will have to go see them when they do.

"Miss will you go ahead and put on your gown, and then we'll go up to the doctor's office so he can run you through some things." The light voice snapped me back into reality. Nodding, I moved off the edge of the bed to get the gown she was handing me. Examining the soft cloth, it was a reminder for the reason I don't like them. Setting it on the bed, I feel a hand grab my shoulder. Turning, It's Luci. I just didn't hear him get up. I'm lost in my thoughts today, I'm just anxious to get this over with though. To finally flush away the biggest waste of my life, that could have potentially killed me.

"I can tell how nervous you are, it will be okay. This will go on smoothly, and you will feel better after." he said as he pulled me in for a hug. Wrapping my arms around him, I squeezed as tight as I could despite how weak I am right now. I am really scared that something could go wrong, but it's a risk I want to take. I feel so warm right now opposed to the past where I was only cold for the longest. Maybe it's the anticipation of me getting better and not have to lean on drugs as a crutch?

"Yeah." I answered, letting go. He moved to hold onto my shoulders, and stare at me.

"I will kick the doctor's ass if anything goes wrong. I promise." He said issuing his stupid grin with it, a smile managed to smear itself across my face. I shook my head and turned. Picking up the gown, I motioned him to step out of the room for a moment so I could change. Stripping off everything except my underwear, I folded my clothing before slipping the gown over my head and down my body. The cold tile did not welcome my bare feet that were once warm in my boots.

The doctor just wanted to get me to sign a few more forms, and go over the procedure to make sure I understood. Things were going decently fast, before I knew it I was back downstairs and having a needle stuck in me to be sedated. The nurse suggested I get comfortable since I would be laying like that for a few hours.

"Sir, at this time I will need you to leave the room." She turned to Lucian.

"Uh, wait. Can he please stay in here? I have nobody else who will be here for me." I pleaded as the doctor came in.

"It's fine. Kate, get her clipboard and write down the time anesthesia was induced." he ordered as he released the stopper on the drip. A heavy feeling set in within a few moments, warmth returned once again. It was a blink of an eye, and I was out like a light. Every now and then I'd hear something, just for a brief moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment