Sunday, August 7, 2016

Chapter 12

Sitting there listening to my teacher, I had to keep reminding myself to keep writing. Seriously I feel like I'm about to doze off. I knew keeping my focus would be really difficult, but this is slowly killing me. Jokes aside, I think I'm going to end up having to ask to borrow Aja's notes to keep up.

My teachers were pleasantly surprised to see me make such a drastic change, though the teachers I got my classes changed to weren't too tickled. Though they have grown on me as I have them.

Adjusting the position I was sitting in I laid my head on my arm as I continued to write. Mr. Schmidt looked at me to make sure I was keeping up. Glancing at my watch to check the time it revealed we only had about 10 minutes left.

Time passes by too fast at various points but unfortunately this isn't one of them. As he began to wrap up I hurried to get the last things off the whiteboard that I haven't copied. My wrist and my hand began to grow tired as I finished the last sentence, setting the pen down.

Watching Mr. Schmidt, he began to collect his laptop and notebook. He started on the topics he would be covering for the next lecture in a few days. Sliding my notebook and pen into my backpack gave me the chance to stretch as I twisted back in my chair. This made me grow even more tired.

"Okay, I'm done here. See you guys in a few days!" Schmidt said as they ran out of the door.

All the students began to scatter as the ones for the next class poured in. Scooting my chair back I stood up.


Suddenly I feel something clash into my back as I'm launched forward into the desk. I try and move over before hitting the desk so I wouldn't fall into the guy who was sitting by me. Hearing female laughter follow told me everything I needed to know.

Turning my head I lock eyes with the guy sitting next to me, "I'm so sorry." 

Pushing myself back off the desk I turned around and I'm greeted by the air head wanna-be that has been harassing me since Luci moved in. Squinting at her, I start to speak before being interrupted.

"You know I might just have Lucian about the relations you see to be having with this desk, or your friend your friend you just purposely fell into."

In an instant I roll my eyes, letting out a light laugh. 

"You know Cathleen, even if I was in any type of relationship with him it wouldn't  be your business. There is still no need to harass me, but let me tell you something." Pausing for a brief moment I gave her the best shit eating grin I could.

"If you ever put your hands on me again, I'll snatch your hair out of your scalp so quick it boosts your IQ by chance."
I held onto the the grin as her friends started laughing. She was quickly telling them to shut up, and trash talking to distract from what I just said.

The guy I fell into pushed off the desk and stood up quickly, spinning around to face her.

"Maybe if you weren't such a psychotic bitch who didn't harass his friend, you could stand a chance with him."

Cathleen's face turned red as she scoffed, "For somebody who looks as much as a looser as you do, I'd keep your mouth shut."

He smiled before speaking.

"You know you kinda look like a bull, but I don't specialize in livestock."

Once again her friends roared with laughter, as the guy reached down and handed me my bag.

"This girl hasn't done anything to you, but I'm pretty sure you don't want her to. So leave her alone."
 Smiling at her, I then left the room.

Finding Aja right outside the door, I quickly engage conversation with her. Trying to distract myself from what just happened.

Before getting to speak she held up her hand, "You seriously need to just record it with your phone to back and see what you missed."

Smiling slightly I studied her expression. 
"Then I wouldn't have a reason to bug you though!"

She laughed as she pulled out her phone and started to send pictures to me. Receiving the images I looked at my phone. They are messages of her notes.

"I knew you were slacking so I went ahead and took pictures of them."

Aja is honestly the closest I've come to having a best friend. I have a few more friends along with her, but I feel she is the one that understands me more. Tamora is another one of my girlfriends. The common ground between us is that we all go to the gym together.

It's a neat system we have. Feeling down? You have 2 other people to pump you up. I know what you are thinking, "You can pump somebody up?"

Well not exactly, but I try. It's the thought that counts. I do bring up very good points about it at times though. Along with it all I eat pretty clean, but sometimes I have a cheat meal.

Scanning my eyes over the picture, I realize how my attention is elsewhere and turn it back to her.

"Neah don't sweat this, you are doing great. You don't have to be so uptight about studying and etc."

Exhaling, I slide my phone back into my pocket. Did I mention that I haven't told any of my friends about what I used to do? Nope, Maybe in the future I'll sit them down and tell them. Though I can't find a reason to tell them, It's not relevant to any them as far as I know.

Aja hugged me and turned away suddenly. "I have to go sweet cheeks, See you at the gym in a few hours." She yelled as she ran out the entrance to the hall to go to her next class.

Sighing, I adjust my backpack and proceed to leave. Exiting I'm greeted by the cool fall air, the sun, and the smell of the damp ground and dead leaves.  Going over to a bench near the building, I sit dropping my bag by my feet.

Pulling my phone back out of my pocket, I search for Luci in my phone and call him.

After a few rings I'm greeted by his voicemail.

"Well. Shit." I say to myself as I lean back into the bench. I turn my head as I hear footsteps approaching. It's the guy from class that always sits by me.

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, I was just wondering if you are okay? You were shoved pretty hard."
Smiling at him I nod.

"Yes, I'm just tired of her shit." I answer as I rub my face with my hands.

He laughs, " If it makes any difference everybody is, Including Lucian. He even went to the extent of telling her that."

Sitting down on the bench beside me, he sets his bag on the ground and digs around in there. Pulling out a phone he opens up his messaging app and shows me screenshots. It revealed Lucian's texts to Cathleen telling her to piss off.

Reading this made me laugh a little, shaking my head. "So you must be one of his friends?"

He quickly shook his head, "Not really, he just sent a mass text out to a bunch of guys telling us 'Crazy Bitch Beware'"

This brought an even bigger grin to my face, as he put his phone back into the back and zipped it up. Leaning back up we shared a gaze for a brief moment before we continued to speak.


"I don't think I've introduced myself, but I'm Preston."

"I'm Neah, I just want to say thank you for kinda sticking up for me back there."

He laughed slightly, " It's no problem, most of everybody on campus knows how she is. Since she enjoys making herself known."

We continued to chat for 10 more minutes before I got a text from Luci telling me to come to the parking lot closest to the Lecture hall.

"Well there's my ride, It was really nice speaking to you." I say as I get up, picking up my bag as well.

"Wait." He said, making me stop. He rubbed the back of his neck before speaking.

"I was wondering if we could hang out sometime?"

Smiling, I replied. " I can't see a reason not to, just let me know when."
Handing him my phone, he put his number in and saved it before giving it back.

"See you soon." He said as I walked away, waving at me. 

Moving onto a recent topic, I lost my keys, and I'm waiting for another pair to be made for me. Usually it doesn't take this long to get another set of keys. But the guy I'm renting the house from seems to like taking his time. I'm relying on Luci to let me into my house at the end of the day, though I could just take his keys from him.

Hearing the leaves crunch under my boots, I steer for a path littered with not as many.

Going back to another recent subject, The guy that called and threatened me. I've been receiving texts from a blocked number saying the exact same thing that the guy said on the phone. The only think I can really link it back to is Lucian's horde of fan girls using a voice changer from the phone call. As far as I know nobody is out to get me.

Lucian suggested that we report them to the police, but I highly doubt that they can do much. I can't see them going out of their way to track somebody down who hasn't physically harmed me and probably isn't going to.

As I reach the parking lot, I stop and survey for his car. Finding it, I walk briskly towards it. Reaching the car I go to pull on the handle but it's locked. He rolls down the window a little bit. Looking through I squint at him, and he's ear to ear with a silly grin.

"Stop playing, please" I say as I tug on the door. He unlocks the door mid tug, and locks it again before I can pull on the handle again. This continues for a couple more minutes before I manage to get lucky and open the door.

He's now laughing with the grin still glued to his face. After another few moments he calms down and stops.

"You are such a child."

"And what's wrong with that?"

I pause for a brief moment considering the question.

"Nothing, I suppose."

He shakes his head as he backs out to leave.

"You must loosen up a little bit, Nee"

Noticing his different glasses, I opened my mouth to speak.

"Where are your regular glasses?"

He quickly shook his head, " I've been meaning to ask if you've seen them in the laundry, It appears that I have misplaced them."

"No, I always check to make sure nothing is in the pockets or balled up in it since my keys disappeared."

"Weird." He said as he pulled into the road to travel home.

The drive back was a fast one, but gave us time to have a short chat.

He turned the car off in my drive way, and got out. Following him as he went up my steps and unlocked my door.

Setting my bag down by the door, I paused for a moment before speaking.

"Did I mention how one of your fan girls that's in my class shoved me into a desk today?" He stopped in his tracks going down the hall.

"Who was it?" He demanded as he turned around with his happy expression he has no more than a moment ago gone.

"Cathleen." I said as walked past him.

His face read that he was very concerned.

"Please tell me if she does anything else." he said as he walked away.

" I kinda doubt it, a new friend of mine stood up for me."
 
Moving around him I entered my room. Shutting my glass doors I threw my curtains closed as well. My eyes focused on the clothes I left laying out on my bed, my workout clothes. Stripping off my clothes I threw them in the hamper by my wardrobe. I quickly change into my gym clothes, before sitting down on my bed. I glance out my sheer curtains through my doors to see an empty living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment