Sunday, September 6, 2015

Chapter 5

 { AUTHORS NOTE }
I did not write this story to offend or judge anybody, I wrote it to express a story of going about things when shit hits the fan. Please don't kill me. Thank you.

Sitting back on the couch I take a quick sip of water as I stare at the black bags of trash I have managed to come by.  Seeing my coffee table clean is new, same with seeing my kitchen empty, and dishes cleaned. This place could be fixed up and be okay, but I'm not looking to do that anytime soon. Considering I have to dish out some of my saved up drug money just to freeze the fucking term to try and go home. I have no idea how I'm even going to do that, I don't seem to be held fancy by any of the staff here. They may not even take the money, but if it comes down to it I'll just leave. I honestly don't want to stay gone too long, trying to be around them for too long will not go well. I forgot they haven't even seen my tattoos yet, and that they will  most likely- Well, Dad might be okay with it. Mom will probably be like ; "You ruined yourself." But I had my reasons. I know they won't be okay with what I'm going to tell them, It's common sense. If any case they don't accept it, I will just use more of saved drug money to go to rehab, or whatever the hell is the quickest way to get over this. Though I think it's a little rude to just go home and say; " You guys were blind as hell and I used drugs under your noses since that little shit was born,  and now I want money to go to rehab" , Though I only plan on going there and stating my business. Then most likely leaving, and at least telling them I'm going to try and get clean. Considering it's like 9 a.m. , I think I might try and call Dad. Setting down the bottle of water, I slid my warm phone out of my back pocket and dial dad's cell. I grow a little bit more anxious with each ring. I stood up as he answered the phone.

"Finally, I haven't heard for you in ages Kiddo. Is everything okay?" His voice sounds concerned. Letting out a slight sigh, his impatience for me to answer is shown.

"I'm fine dad, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm coming home. Something has come up that I need to take a short leave from school." My hesitance in my words lingered, he noticed.

"Well... Alright. That's nice to hear since you haven't come home since you started college. Your mother will definitely be thrilled."

"You don't sound thrilled, it's somewhat sad I expected you to though." saying hoarsely I turned my head and coughed an itch out of my throat.

"Neah, don't be that way. I've just been really worried and you haven't gone out of your way to call us in about 2 years. God knows how different you may look when you come home." he's showing his irritance. Sighing I thought about my answer for a moment.

"I do look a lot different, you will most likely not approve, but you guys will have to get over it because I can't take it back now. Anyways, I'm not going to piss you off more than I already have. I'll see you in a few days. Love you." Saying before hanging up on him and tossing my phone aside. It rings a few more times, but it's ignored. I don't feel like being in this house anymore, it's probably best if I go on with the plans I have today. Moving to the bedroom I slip on my boots, and proceed to leave.

The walk was a brief one to the comic book store. Maybe I was excited , or maybe I was just ready to leave here. Walking through the doors my eyes instantly flick behind the counter and spot Lucian. I continue to walk to the other end of the building to where they keep the computers, turning my focus to not running into anything. Maneuvering around the table I go to the opposite side so I can watch the desk and what Lucian is doing. 'Stalker tendencies much, Neah?' my subconscious roars with laugher. Shrugging, I sit down and pull up the browser on the computer and go on with researching.

The lists go on with treatment options almost all of them are prescription drugs to ween you off of whatever you are on that go for opioids. There is an option of just sitting through withdrawal and pray that you don't expire, evidently that hold you to experiencing a great amount of pain. That could be a decent option, hurt so bad to make you never want to do again. Though if you do that it says it recommended to do it at a hospital. Then there is Rapid Drug Detoxification, this caught my eye. To further research this involves being put under and having an opioid antagonist injected. It reverses the physical dependency, but not the psychological. Though there are treatment options with that as well. The cost is somewhat surprising but considering what is charged for some of the smallest things it's not that bad. I know I have more than enough saved up to do this procedure. Clicking over to google I look for the places closest to home that offer this option. Surprising enough the rehabilitation center in Hidden Springs has a hospital wing that has specialized with this treatment before. 

"Whatcha up to?" Lucian approached me from my right. Checking the clock, I check how long I have been here. 2 hours, ugh.

"Just research, I'm probably about to look at plane tickets to Hidden Springs." Stating dryly, I do as I said. Glancing up for a moment, his face emits a puzzled grin at me. Squinting my eyes at him, I stare. He then crosses his arms.


"When are you looking to leave? I'd like to start my fall break soon and go visit my family there, If you want a ride." He offered with that stupid look stuck on his face.
Laughing a little at the ridiculous offer I shook my head. "You aren't getting the opportunity to drive off and murder me. I'll go on my own."

"You must have some fetish about being murdered, since you seem to keep thinking I'd do something like that." He snaps back quickly, almost like he knew I'd say something similar to my reply.

"No fetish, Just common sense to not run off with somebody I don't even know." I grew louder with this response. Staring blankly at me, he shifted his weight.

"Well I was just trying to be nice, sorry. Though maybe we could try and get to know each other?" He suggested as he moved to the other side of me and scooted onto the desk. Smiling at me when I looked up, I nodded my head. 

"Coffee, Perhaps?" I watched for his reaction, which was him spreading another stupid grin on his face as he hopped down and waited for me to follow.

Getting up out of the computer chair, I picked up my bag and followed him. Hopefully this won't be a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment